Assets for a DTC CPG startup in the better-for-you space
Roles: Producer, creative director, art director, photographer
“Elizabeth came into our startup during a period of rapid growth. She helped us understand inefficiencies in our creative process and identified vendors who could deliver assets for a fraction of the cost. She’s worked with big budgets and small budgets and still been able to deliver gorgeous, kickass work.”
-Morgan Shepard, Director of Brand Communications, HighKey
As a creative manager for this direct-to-consumer CPG business, I’ve managed vendors and in-house creatives in the production of assets to support new product launches. In my time there, the business launched a new product (on average) every 10 days. Each product was supported by around 150 individual assets including photography, video footage and edited videos for social, ads, direct-response, Amazon and Shopify.
In terms of creative production, I…
- Produced on-pack photography
- Produced off-pack (lifestyle) photography
- Produced the capture of live-action footage
- Managed the process of editing footage into animations and videos for digital ads, Amazon listing content, social media content, and content to be used on retailer sites (like Target.com).
- Set the tone for lifestyle photography look and feel
- Designed supplements to the brand bible document especially for vendors to ensure uniform results.
- Developed the video brand and standards.
- Developed the tone of voice for copywriting.
- Wrote copy from product descriptions to ingredient information right down to the 100% guarantee.
- Supported the launch of the new e-commerce site
- Utilized relationships I have with vendors to innovate new ways to deliver, for pennies on the dollar, what agencies were charging hundreds of thousands of dollars for.
Enjoy a taste of what I produced below