I spent a couple hours with my colleague Tom Breeze talking about advertising, ideation and the creative space in general. The output was a rather beefy piece of content which you can find here (or embedded above).
But srsly…who has 2 hours and even if you did, do you really want to spend it listening to me talk about my job?
I’ve sectioned it up into 30-something little videos spanning from just a few seconds through to a few minutes. You can find that playlist on YouTube here.
Some of my favorite moments from that talk:
- Our conversation about my favorite technique for coming up with new ideas
- This clip about how we get into the mind of the audience
- …and while we’re on that topic, this is something I realized about my own buying patterns. A realization I had while we were working on a brief for a drinks company.
- And lastly…the most important value I carry throughout my life: the power of saying yes.
If you’re interested in the advertising or ideas industries and want to get into the head of someone, make sure you queue up the whole playlist and as always, comment on the videos and we can chat.
Some media we refer to:
- Say no to spec
- Audible print ads
- This Girl Can ft. Missy Elliot
- Mr. W
- Audible TV ads
- Amazon’s 10-second micromoment ads for echo
- Books: Lateral thinking. Persuasion. Ideation. How to win friends and influence people